Thursday, March 21, 2019

Spring stand-up sign---tutorial

Hi there

I have been scrapbooking for 20+ yeas and if you recall the options for paper and stickers were pretty sad back then. When I found something I loved I bought a bunch of sheets and used it for everything. I would hand cut flowers and sometimes letters out of my special papers (this was before sizzix and cricut)

Todays project reminds me of some good Old school paper crafting




These paper flowers and brads came in a kit from Doodlebug Designs, aren't their paper kits the most amazing colors and graphics out there.


Here are the big BASIC flowers that were included in the kit.



I cut a 6 x 6 piece of chipboard and another piece for the stand up piece for the back (see old school papercrafting) and added the 1 sheet of paper that came in the flower kit


Then I stacked the piece of the flowers and added some pop dots for some additional dimension to the flowers (see below)
 


This was my first attempt at making a tag for the front of the spring sign

Terrible I know



Here's the finished tag on the front of the sign. 
100% better-don't you agree?


Here is the finished sign - isn't it the cutest thing ever. 
See my last post for the tutorial on how to make those No-Sew Spring Gnomes

Here' wishing Spring weather comes around sooner then later.

Happy Crafting Friends

Tina


No comments: