Saturday, June 23, 2012

the one about the party

Oh wow - I am beat. The day was spent preparing the house for the party. We got it all done.
and here are some highlights of the party. First of all I had my oldest son dress up as Cat in the Hat minus the hat. Look how cute he looked...

 

I did change the color of the frame and the red color really made a difference. Great idea folks.

here is the birthday boy!


Oh and here is the cake it is my first attempt at making a cake and using fondant....
Oh my it was a real work of art and looked a bit caddy wampus...


here is the cake - in its true colors..Wow - there is a real art to making
cakes. Not an easy task. Kudos to cake makers. That hat at the top of the cake is made with paper clay and paint. BTW- I was told the cake was delish and the fondant was SUPER sweet.Yeah, mission accomplished.



Here are the table centerpieces I made. the flowers pots & the pin wheels are from the 99 cent store and I had the straws and I got the paper pieces from WANESSA CAROLINA CREATIONS * she has a bunch of stuff for a Seuss party (all print ables) & it was free....can't beat that...and just added them to some skewers...simple but festive centerpiece. Cute, right?

Well, gotta tell you that was a busy party and we had lots of kids and parents and family come, so overall it was quite a day my little boy won't soon forget.

I am linking this up to the following parties:

have a relaxful sunday ya'll

2 comments:

tamdoll said...

Wow! Everything looks amazing & so professional!!! Must have been fantastic fun, congratulations on a great job!

Basement Stamper said...

you are such a good Momma-what a wonderful birthday party he looks like he had.