Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Halloween Trick or Treat bags

Hey ya’ll wanted to share a fun craft you can do with your kids for Halloween. 

My kids are 18, 16, and 11 so we have gone through plenty of Halloween trick or treat bags - we started with the typical orange plastic pumpkin - the one that cuts into your hand when it’s full of candy. 

We tried the pillow case - which leaves kids disappointed when they don’t get the whole case filled because really that could weigh 50 pounds if filled 

We also had grandma make some which were cute but small...so now, today for this Halloween, I made some more practical customized treat bags 


I started off with these blank canvas bags which could work to throw over your shoulder if the bag gets to heavy and for bigger kids they can hold it from the handle without it dragging on the floor 😁



I asked the kids what they wanted and I just drew the image on the front and had them paint them
(truthfully I did 2 because my kids are at school today but my daughter did paint hers) 



Choose your colors and paint brushes - these bags are nice and unwashed which helps with the paint going on and is forgiving - note: if you use a pencil like I did some of the colors of paint do not cover up the lines so definitely don’t use a sharpie unless it’s part of your design. 

Also, if you are using acrylic paint it will seep through the bag so be sure to add something inside the bag before starting to paint, such as a piece of card board. 

Once it’s done be sure to cover with an old towel or cloth and iron just to secure the paint if you want. You shouldn’t  have to wash these bags since the candy is mostly sealed - 
So you could just hang up for next year.!


Cute right? My old east painted in my penciled drawing 



And customizable to each child or friend. 


I’ll have more to share tomorrow after our fun filled evening we have planned - stay tuned. 

Happy Crafting friends

Tina

No comments: