Wednesday, September 28, 2016

New to Old & Lovely

Hello again, it's been a long while since I've posted but I'm back and wanted to share a tutorial that I am actually using today! I have my annual big craft show and every year I make a New pumpkin design. This year I made small, medium & large pumpkins that look like this 

In various colors & different fabrics. This pumpkin isn't finished but the other ones have leaves & wrapped with some vintage lace. 

But guess what? I ran out of lace - ( insert sad face) I went to Joanne's & couldn't find any thin cream colored lace... Enter today's tutorial

Here's what. You'll need a cup & a spoon plus a tray to lay stained lace on.


White lace



Coffee crystals


Hot water mixed with coffee crystals

  

Soak lace in coffee mixture - the longer you leave the lace in the darker the stain will look.


I left it in for 30 seconds because I wanted it to look like the vintage lace (below)


Super easy way to die any type of white lace, ribbon or fabric!!!

Enjoy and be sure to share with me if you try this technique!!!

Happy crafting









No comments: