Monday, January 9, 2017

Quick Craft-Christmas Ornaments

I have teenagers and a small boy at home and this year when we were putting up the Christmas decorations they were making comments that I had TOO much stuff - that I shouldn't put it all out every year, oh and wait for it - I should wait and put it out 2 weeks before Christmas - I mean have they lost their minds?

Anyway, I ignored their complaints immediately but when decorating the tree started - my sixteen year old decided she hated all her handmade ornaments especially the ones with her picture in them...wah - She didn't want to put any up...which made me a little sad - so I decided to make a new 2016 photo ornament...I wanted to share the process with you...because I think they came out super cute...

Here are the supplies - thick book board or chip board, buttons and photographs of your kids, and buttons. I used small instax photos but you could use their school photos as well.


I glued the the photograph onto the book board and punch a hole at the top


Then decorate with buttons or pom poms, or any other cute holiday decorations and surround the photo without covering up the hole...


then finish it off the way you like, I added a bow and the hanger to the back. the back of the ornaments are white so I had the kids sign their name and add the year so I could remember their signature and when the photo was taken. I plan on doing this every year...
My kids loved the ornaments but my oldest still didn't like her picture - but geez - you can't any prettier then that right? I think its a 16 year old issue...

Hope you like these quick craft easy tutorials and try them out for yourself.

Thanks for stopping by 
I will be linking this project up to the following parties.

XO
T

No comments: