Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Scrapbooking 101 - easy to make

Most of you out there are seasoned scrapbookers but for those of you who may be intimidated by an entire 12 x 12 layout I’m here to help. 

I started Scrapbooking over 25 years ago in the usual  12 x 12 layout since then I have started making smaller scrapbooks that I have shared here and ask doing project life...but there are still certain occasions I love to throw down on a piece of paper and document. 

Ok so to start grab the photos you want to scrapbook - you can add however many photos you want but I like to keep simple and generally if they are large 4 x 6 photos I like to use an odd number like maybe 3 

I have been using my Prynt photo printer or Instagram camera photos for my layouts lately so I chose to use 2 photos for this layout 

I found this amazing pad of big die cuts by DCWV so that helped with my idea planning. Then I had to choose my paper 



These were the die cuts I chose to go with my 2 photos 




Now for choosing my paper 



Still not working - if I used the paper below the die cuts would blend in to much 



I think I found the paper I’m going to use. 



Now play around with your pieces and find a layout you like or looks good to you - don’t worry about will it make it into a magazine - this is for you - something for your kids and their kids to look back on. Stress free 



I really wanted to use that small block with the gold palm trees but I could t got it into the layout so it looked good to me so I pulled it out and didnt use it 


And here is the finished layout! I love it  



Have fun with it and enjoy it - try not to put to much pressure on yourself - make memories not headaches ( wink) 

Have fun crafting ya’ll! 

T

No comments: