Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Handmade table cloths

I have something to share with you today.  An idea I am sure you have heard of or seen before but something that came out of sheer necessity - Isn't that the mother of all inventions? I mean isn't it when you are the most desperate that you come up with the most amazing ideas.
 
 
 
Here is how my idea came about.
I do craft boutiques and was borrowing a friend of mines burlap table cloths for about the last year and 1/2 or so - when she asked for them back last Christmas I figured I need something just as cool - while burlap is inexpensive it doesn't come in the right width or length...so I looked around and didn't really like any of the other fabrics out there. then I remembered that I had heard people were using drop cloths for pillows and curtains...so I went to Home Depot to look for a drop cloth and they come in several sizes I bought 9 ft. by 12 ft which if cut in half you can cover (2) 6 foot tables with plenty of over hang on all 4 sides. I bought an extra 6ft by 9ft to make ruffles with
 
 
I gotta tell you that I thought drop cloths were a cream color almost like a canvas but this one was kind of grey-ish and really thick - kind of vintage & French in look. LOVE IT!
 
 

 
I know its hard to see the true color and texture here but its quite nice.

 
Here is the table cloth with ruffles in its true colors

 
Here is an up close look at the ruffles.
Can I just say that I think I should have thunk it through a bit better...
doesn't lay as nicely as I had hoped.
 
I love this material and I am just thinking up the projects I can do with this - maybe some shabby French pillows oh the ideas are endless and this was way cheap....
 
 
I am linking this up to the following parties this week:
 
 
happy crafting
xo
tina 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

You did a great job! I'm your newest follower ;)
Jamie ~ somuchbetterwithage.com
PS: I'm having a giveaway on my blog