Wednesday, May 30, 2012

the one about makin'something pretty

I am the type of person that can't leave well enough alone...
truly in all aspects of my life...sharing information, touching up kids hair in a rush,
even arguing....I suppose I could call it my 1 character flaw...hahaha if only I had just ONE.

Anyway, I have a bad habit of being disorganized and I have calendars up all over my house
with lists of things I have to do...so recently I bought a new planner (another attempt to stay organized)

and it was a lovely shade of blue
see here:
see not bad - but it needed something to make it really my own...

see really simple and roomy 

and so after adding some papers, some punched pieces and inking my edges
I think it really looks like something I made & would own...



Do you do things like this? Add your own personal touch to things?
I sure hope I am not the only one...

I am linking this to the following parties:
crafty card makers - distressing

have a wonderful night
xo






xo

3 comments:

tamdoll said...

That's a cute idea! The planners I get come with crayons & color-in pages... and you know what? I never use them!!! I always have good intentions, though. This is a nice way to have your book stand out if it's ever put down somewhere, too.

Nice to see your new blog!
Tammy

Basement Stamper said...

I love what you did with your calendar, it looks gorgeous!

Christine said...

It looks great!!!

Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!