Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Boy am I stuft! I woke up early to put the turkey in the oven and get the side dishes started
and set our table - of which I sewed up last night.

WHat do you think?

 
I used some burlap and made some ruffles for the edges of the table runner

 
I cut out some leaf shapes from felt and then used my sewing machine to add some accents stems and decoration to each leaf...

 
Because I wanted this to be versatile I didn't sew on the leaves just laid them on the runner.
 
 
Then I just added my other decorations to the top of the runner some handmade fabric pumpkins and some smaller stuft leaves...

 
It was a great addition to our table but I would have added some more length to the runner because the edges just ended at the end of the table so when you sit down to eat you have to lift up the table runner so that the plate doesn't wobble over the ruffle.
 
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving lunch and I hope you did too...
 
the kids table!!
 
Happy Thanksgiving
 
xo
tina
 

No comments: