Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Painted Pillows

Oh wow - here in SoCal it has been super hot & very sweaty...HUMID - like AFRICA humid. Almost unbearable - I am afraid to open our SCE bill I am sure that it will be SKY HIGH since our air conditioner has been running on HIGH for the last 2 weeks. With that said we just started a new month HELLO SEPTEMBER - I am anxious for the FALL & WINTER months - I have been feverishly working on my holiday items for my upcoming shows. I have been thinking HALLOWEEN for a couple of months now

I wanted to share my newest line of pillows....I make pillows every year and like to change things up so I can give my customers something new to look at.

So Here is what I came up with:
 
 
 
I used some speckled fabric - similar to MUSLIN but a bit thicker.
 
 
I picked a font I liked and printed out the letter then cut them out with a bit of a border
 
(this is a different project I will share later this week)
 
traced them on the fabric in black sharpie or black marker then took my time and painted them in. 
Its quite easy and quick. Promise!
then just sewed them up. I wanted long and skinny pillows - maybe to be used as accents on a couch!
 
 
Last year I made my pillows out of burlap and stamped Halloween phrases on them - that took some time and was hard to get a good print out of. I like these pillows ALOT!! I made another one that says TRICK OR TREAT - same size and same technique. Planning on making a few more...
 
I will blog about the pumpkins soon...
 
Here's wishing you a cool afternoon.
I will be linking these pillows up to the following parties - please see the tab at the top of the page.
 
market yourself Monday
craft-o-maniac
Monday funday
 
make it pretty Monday
 
Monday funday
give me the goods Mondays
show me what you got tuesday
sew cute tuesday
one project at a time
too cute tuesday
tuedays the scoop
 
xo-Tina
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW!! This is a perfect decoration for halloween! Amazing! Here in Sweden the weather has cooled down alot... It's starting to get a bit chilly... Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine