Thursday, July 12, 2012

WHERE BLOGGERS CREATE

It's today - It's today - It's today!!!! I am so excited to be participating in this years
WHERE BLOGGERS CREATE --- please click on that link and visit Karen Valentines blog
and check out all the many bloggers that are sharing their studio/craft spaces.

so make sure to grab a cuppa joe - and sit back and check out my space and then head back to
My Desert Cottage and move on to the next space...have fun - this will be going on for a few weeks so have fun. If you like my space leave me a comment or why not FOLLOW me and I'll be right over to follow you back...

Ok on with the show:

please remember that my blog is ONE CRAFTY MESS....hence my space. Is one "REAL" crafty mess...
this is LOLA - she is my $25.00 dress form find from a local thrift store (love her) I made her crown and the apron and I added my collection of rosaries to her neck. After all, any good hostess should be quaintly dressed - dontch'a think?


Here is a full view of my space...it's in the garage and it is about 12 feet long by 6 feet wide - not big but big enough...and what looks like clutter is home to my craft supplies & where I create my goods.


I have a white pottery barn shelf unit that houses some metal baskets and baskets that holds miscellaneous items...a crafty mess - the top of the shelving house my collection of vintage jewelry boxes holding my vintage jewelry and my adhesives and button collection....


this is my second work space and the wall behind it houses my "swapped" art - and art I have created.


Below you will see one of the tables I have that I store my roller drawers - container 1 - houses scrapbooking embellishments, #2 rubber stamps by category, #3 MORE scrapbooking stickers & embellishments. and above there you can see my first work space...


I have 3 walls in my studio and this is the right wall. My husband made me shelf and screwed in some small baby food jars that I added my googly eyes, some baby pearls, some buttons & some other small embellishments...the trays below in silver are fom IKEA and is home to more of my adhesives & my soldering goodies...

{and that name on the paper---well doesn't everyone have a pseudo ROLLER DERBY name picked out?}


Here is a cute vintage white swirly thingy...that I put my bottle of flowers on so I can easily my pick my colors and add them to my projects


Here is my wall of punches - not all the punches I own but the ones that have a deep enough handle to lay and hook onto these "CAFE CURTAIN RODS" clever right??? try it if you have the space.


above my shelf that holds my screwed on baby food jars are my BIG jars of ribbon, some more button jars, & some decoupaged bottles. I love the way the jars each have a different color in them and it kind of looks like candy - better and less fattening.


Here are some cute little shelves that I use to house my glitter salt & pepper shakers and my favorite vintage photos....


Here is my LOLA again and she bids you farewell...


Thanks for stopping by - I get that I could do more to organize & make alot sleeker but I gotta tell you that I like the way may studio is NOW. It's chaotic, cluttered, & colorful --- and that so says ME!!!


I have finally figured it out...it really costs a lot of time and energy trying to make your studio beautiful enough to be in the pages of magazines, it takes way too much money really to get that "Picture perfect" look - so I say do what you can with what you have and just make it your own...

Really you are the one that is creating in that space and you should be comfortable enough in that space to do your best work.

If you are here visiting from the blog hop - I will be on my way to visit your studio...

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you enjoyed your tour..
Have a crafty weekend.

xo
tina

27 comments:

SuziQinTX said...

If there wasn't clutter, we would know you weren't doing anything crafty! Cafe curtain rods LOVE IT!

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, that is impressive. I love the screwed on baby food jars, very cool! Love seeing peoples craft spaces so going to check a few more out while I eat some lunch.

art by pam said...

Loved that white swirley thing for your flowers. Wish
I could find one of those. You could never have too many craft supplies. I posted already too so stop on by!
Pam

Unknown said...

Great Job! Loved seeing your space and I'm just wishing mine looked so good!

Following from the Friday Blog Hop - stop by and see what we're up to on ATA GIRLS (All Those Artsy Girls)
http://allthoseartsygirls.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

Hi. Your space is so sweet, thanks for sharing. Susan

Sandy said...

I had to laugh at the name of your
blog.. Crafty Mess.. but then I know
we have to make a mess when we craft
and I see you clean and organize after
so it's looking good!
Nice post
Sandy

Scrappin Abby said...

Hi Tina..I found you through the "Where Bloggers Create". Your blog name caught my eye right off the bat. I too am a scrapbooker/paper crafter & I love the name of your blog : ) Your space is just awesome. Love the mix of old & new and your creative way of storing all of your crafty goodies. I'm a new follower as well and would love it if you checked out my blog & followed me if you like what you see. I'm having a blog candy giveaway too so you'll want to check that out too. Happy Craftin : ) http://scrappin-abby.blogspot.com/

deb said...

Awesome space!
*hugs*deb

The Creative Bohemian said...

So charming. I love the vintage pieces.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina, it's nice to meet and follow you through this blog hop.
I love the baby food jar storage idea that your hubby made for you, isn't it great when our men make stuff for our creative spaces?!!!

Thanks for sharing... Stop by my place if you wish.

Ciao Bella
Creative Carmelina

Anonymous said...

Great creative you have Eve of Destruction- LOL- so funny- never thought about having a roller derby name!

You have such a fun space and I am sure far from being destructive you are very constructive in this great space!

Hope you might come by and see my new space!

bee blessed
mary

Blessed Serendipity said...

Love your creative space. So many yummy things. Visiting from WBC.

blessings,
Danielle

Maureen said...

So awesome you found your dress form at a thrift shop! I dream of finding one one day! I love it!

Sandra Kaye said...

Love the jars hanging from the shelf... thanks for sharing!! Hugs

Kathy said...

I love how you have your space organized and your little signs cracked me up! Thank you for sharing.

Emily Meyers said...

Hey there! I just found your cute blog via the hop and I'm your newest follower! I'd love to have you as my blog friend too and check out a huge giveaway I'm having right now!!

Hope to see you there! Thanks so much lady!
Emily

http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/07/chi-bling-giveaway-winner.html

Rita Barakat said...

Amen sista! LOL I love that you make no apologies it! I tried the neutral colors in my craft space, especially after seeing last years blog hop and so many beautiful but neutral rooms but I hated it!!! I finally had to go with my heart- bold colors! And I LOVE my space now! I think your space is fabulous full of so much goodness!!!

Unknown said...

I love Lola and the name of your blog.
I think great creations are made when one doesn't worry about the mess being made at the time.
Thanks for sharing your space with us.
Michele

Sandy said...

Love your creative haven! Adore the punch storage, great idea. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

You found a dress form for $25?! I am definitely jealous! Your space is fantastic, and filled with lots of lovely goodies! :)

StasaLynn said...

I am on the same page with you about the look of a craft room..... I think there are some absolutely show -stopping, stunningly beautiful ones - but I wonder how anything can be done in those rooms. Love your pincushions..... I just made one myself yesterday! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creative space with us. I will definitely be back and am a new follower!

Take care,
Stacey

Something Special said...

Oh I have enjoyed the tour very much. I love some of your storage ideas, especially how you store your punches!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Lovely space, Tina! I love your mannequin and what a deal! Love her crown, too. You are so right ~ up until we moved last Fall, I had a small space in our garage, but it worked for me and made me feel like I had a place to create. Now I have a small room and I just love it. It's small, but it's perfect for my purposes. I love everything you have on display in yours. Great storage and organization ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Karen Valentine said...

Tina thank you so much for joining the party and not only sharing your darling studio, but also that terrific message at the end. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit!!!

Kadee Willow said...

You are a hoot!! I love your vivacious personality, full of fun! Ok.... let's get down to business.... the dress form for $25????? Amazing!! and jealous!! And clever, right!! the curtain rod to hold your punches. Speaking of clever, I loved your post on turning one of those tiny frames into a pin cushion. I just might have to do that one!
And I agree with Karen in her comment... great message at the end! A wise woman! I would love to have you drop by and say "hello" at my blog. And I will friend you! I plan on doing that in a couple of days to all the blogs I've met at the "party". So if you look and it doesn't show up right away you will know why. I had so much visiting you and plan on returning. Maybe we can go shopping at the thrift store!!

Vicki said...

Holy cow! What an awesome craft space!! Love it!

Maureen Hayes said...

Love your studio just the way it is! As you say, it shows you are creating in there. I wish I had somewhere to hang baby food jars as well cafe curtain rods, both are excellent ideas. I will keep them in mind.

Thanks so much for sharing your space and your ideas with us.