Friday, March 30, 2018

Easter Bags

Last year I wasn’t home Easter week and had my husband help my kids decorate Easter eggs. They sent pictures during and after the decorating process, all of which I hated missing. On Easter morning they informed that we didn’t need to do an egg hunt because they were to old for that. I asked them what about the beautiful eggs they decorated and they said they only did it for me. 

WAIT WHAT? What’s happening? Are they growing up? 
Easter 2017




This year since we will be out of town for Easter - I again mentioned that I was sad about no baskets and they told me that it’s no big deal - all we get is candy anyway so just give it to us in our hands - 

For the record - they dont only get candy- they get gift cards and money and something cute plus lots of candy 

Anyway because I’m a mom and a crafty chick I decided to make them Easter gift bags  to give to them on Easter morning and I thought maybe you could use the idea for those to old to get Easter Baskets 

Here’s what you need 
Bags (mine are from @daiso) glue stick and scraps of paper 

Cut strips and add to the front of the bags with adhesive 

Add a cute little chipboard sticker to the front 

Then use stickers to spell out the kids names 

Here are some of the things I’m putting inside (not shown is the iTunes gift card) 


And here they all are ready to pack - cute right??

By the way - to keep things real here - the idea was on point! However, there was NO room for them in any of our luggage... wah wah wah—-dang it - so I had to give it to them today before we left for the airport - they loved it - I think truthfully they want baskets but THINK they are too old...but this mama will continue to make them something - until forever... 

Hope you like the idea and if you use it send me a pic..

Happy Good Friday folks - 
Written at the airport 

xo 

T

No comments: