Saturday, March 24, 2018

Most Egg-cell ent

Wanted to share an easy and meaningful idea for you to share with loved ones this Easter. Also, it’ll be a sure momento that someone will treasure for always...at least I’m hoping. 

Crafty girl idea #10 

For this project I used wooden eggs that I bought in the Target dollar spot, paint, modgepodge and stickers 


First paint the eggs all th colors 


Once the paint dried, I noticed that the colors weren’t pastel enough - so I added white to each color and lightened the eggs up to just what I wanted. 

You can see the difference here.

Once the eggs dried I added Polk-a-dots but you could add strips or leave them plain 

I add dots with the end of a paint brush 

And here they are all done - pretty right? 

Because I want to give these to my kids in their Easter bag...I decided to personalize them for each kid and usd some stickers with phrases on them I already had. 

Here’s a tip: the stickers are stiff so when I peeled them off I kind of bent them or curved them so they would be easier to adhere then I added the modge podge to the sticker back and on the egg and went over the sticker a bit then used my fingers to push it down... be patient because they will lift and appear to not want to stick down but they do. 


Once the sticker is laying down flat, add the glue to the entire egg and wait for the drying and look how incredibly amazing they look. 

I have another good idea to share on how I will package these babies up. Come back soon 

If You try this - tag me so I can check them out please.

Happy Crafting 
xo T

No comments: