Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Graduation Gift Idea

Today is a big day for us here - my daughter graduates from high school and we are in full party prep mode but I wanted to share a cute gift idea with you.



This idea is a unique way to give money to a graduate. 


Cute right? 



Let’s get started 

Here are the supplies you’ll need to make this 


First would be picking your jar. This is for my daughter, so I am packaging 100.00 - mostly ones, some 5.00s, a couple of 10.00s and 1 twenty... I used the jar on the left with the white cap. I had it  already but I know bought it at the dollar store.

See that there mason jar?

Pretty sure it can hold 250.00 to 300.00 - I bought that one originally but my 100 bucks only filled 1/4 of the jar - doh! 





Use those small rubber bands (also purchased at the dollar store) and wrap the dollar bills.





Here is my jar filled up and to be honest I could probably fit in another 20 bucks inside. Shh don't tell her that.



Now you’ll need to measure the circumference of the lid 



Cut a piece of black card stock and wrap it around the lid...



The circumference of my lid is 12 1/2 inches around my CS is only 12 inches - but it’s no big deal - remember the kid will probably rip this apart to get to the money so that small detail won’t even be seen.



I cut a 6 inch square for the top of my jar - (1/2 the circumference I measured)



I used 3 pieces of double sided foam tape to raise the height then stuck my square on top. I bought the small tassels at Michaels for some scrapbooking projects so I used it but you could make your own instead with the school colors if you wanted to be really crafty...and attached it to the top with a sticky dot and a black Pom Pom! 







And ta-da MAGIC and an amazing treat to give your kid! 

Happy Graduation to all those kids out there and the parents who survived the journey (wink wink) 

xo 

No comments: