Friday, September 21, 2012

Pocket full Pumpkins

I love my fat, orange & white pumpkins...all sizes all colors & even the funky bumpy ones.
I wish I had space to start my own pumpkin patch - really - that is a dream of mine
to have a farm that I can grow a year around crop...oh maybe one day.

In the mean time I have been busily making my own --- with fabric, needle & thread.

I decided to use a bunch of fabric scraps & material that I already had on hand.
Like this really fun corduroy in tan...

I also tried one using some vintage chenille bedspread in white.


These are made simply by cutting out a circle, then using a needle and thread to
run a straight stitch along the top of the circle pulling it closed adding
some beans or rice to the bottom for some stability then stuff it...


I wanted my pumpkins to have an authentic look to them so I added broken sticks
and some moss to the top and of course I added my own label...cute right and clever wouldn't you say.

Anyway, I am in the midst of creating some more fun pumpkins....happy crafting and thanks for visiting
xo
I am linking this up to the following weekend parties:

13 comments:

Shannon Fox said...

These are darling! I am pinning and sharing :) Thanks for linking them up.

Happy FALL!!

Snap said...

Fun pumpkins! Great way to use up scraps. Happy Autumn!

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, love these pumpkins!! The fabrics you used on them are great.

Unknown said...

I love love love your pumpkins! They look fab.. found you on blog hop as looking for cafty blogs to follow! As well as others.. be sure to stop by and follow me :-) x www.mysidekickandme.com

Anonymous said...

Love these!! So very awesome! You should sell them, I'd totally buy a few :)

Thank you for linking up with the GtKY hop!

Theresa said...

I found you via a blog hop! I love how your fabric pumpkins came out. What a great way to use up scraps! Come by & link up your post if you like @ DearCreatives.com Off to check out more of your posts!

The Serena Saga said...

I found your blog on spilled milkshake. I love crafting too, and will definitaly be trying the pumpkins. I just subscribed to your blog come over and check me out as well.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! These are just adorable!! I love your clever pumpkin crafts!!! Beautiful makes!! ;) TFS!! HUGS

Lisa said...

I'm so non-crafty. I can't even be trusted with a glue stick, so I always admire people who have talent like yours! Your pumpkins are soooo cute!

Lisa
P.S. Thanks for linking up to the GtKY blog hop! :)

Jillian Carreira said...

Living on a compound and sharing the common space limits the ability to grow things. My son really want to try growing plants but we just do not have the space.
I like the craft idea and plan on doing some with my kids closer to halloween. Thanks for sharing and I am follow you now. I would appreciate a follow back.
Jillian
http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

You did a fantastic job! I love them. Congrats on the feature at Stay Calm. Your newest follower. :)

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm you're newest follower - I'd love it if you followed me back. These pumpkins are great and seem fairly easy to make, even for someone who has minimal experience sewing, like me, lol.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]KLdDWop[/url] , XAYkdHuKAPibKVkJj , http://hhmgziigpu.com