Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Vintage VALENTINE Banner

I am a hoarder collector of vintage paper and ephemera - the cuter the more sacred. I mean I love it so much I HATE to use it - which I think is the definition of a hoarder...keep adding without getting rid of...sigh...
 
 
I decided this year I would start using IT or get rid of IT. Just because I save it and have intentions of using something doesn't mean it'll happen. Intentions don't work unless I put them into action.
 
So in an effort to try and USE up some fun vintage goods I decided to make a fun valentine banner.
 
 
Isn't she cute? I used some chipboard triangles I had the hubs cut out then covered in some fun scrapbook papers.

 
added some vintage laces & ribbon

 
used some vintage images and some wall paper 

 
fun cards and stickers

 
and what I created was a cool vintage inspired kitschy Valentine pennant banner.
Note to self: it's ok to use up your stash
 
Well now I think I have convinced myself to get crafting using some of my favorite and prized pieces...it's time to make a mess- a crafty mess
 
 
I am linking this up to the following weekly parties:
 
 
XO
HAPPY CRAFTING
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

tamdoll said...

Trying to catch up & seeing all your paper craft posts today. I know what you mean about hoarding, I keep things for so long, sometimes it's good to finally use them.
This is really cute, I love Valentine's day projects, you can display them all month long!