Wednesday, October 10, 2012

EYE see you

Boy - its wednesday already...geesh...life is just speeding by.
 
I wanted to share some of the things I have been making around these here parts....I saw this in a magazine or online magazine and for the life of me I couldn't find the original source so I can link up - I thought maybe Martha Stewart or Better Homes & gardens but no such luck in the search mode on with site....
 
Anyway, here she is - yes my daughter but also the super cool magnified EYE glass....
 
 
First of all, these magnifying glasses are at the dollar store (yeah coolness)
so I bought one cleaned up the glass

 
Looked on google images for some cool eye photos and printed them out
the larger the better so they fit nicely into the center of the glass

 
I used this amazing glue (super stain-y, and sticky on the fingers)
but dries super clear and tacks down most anything...
I added a big glump of glue to the center of the glass
(FYI - after trying it this way I would definitely add less in the center because I had a ton of glue oozing out the edges of the images and because of that I may or may not have used my pants to wipe away the excess - not a good idea)

 
then I added my cut out eye image and smooshed it in the glass and squeezed out the air bubbles. (FYI - make sure your eye placement is straight and not off center) but once you are done...you have this really cool
creepy Halloween gag piece to lay around  - why not leave it in the bathroom by the toilet :)

 
moral of this post is: do as I say NOT as I do!!!
 
and have fun with this...
hope your week is productive and filled with crafty fun.
 
I am linking this up to the following parties this week:
 
what I whipped up wednesdays
overflowing with creativity
the creative spark
we did it wednesdays
whatever goes wednesday
xo

1 comment:

Alison said...

This is so cool! Have a great weekend Tina! xx