Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Barstool do-overs

I think it is the Spring Season - the fresh air - the new growth - the brisk sunshine days that is causing me to sort of nest (minus the pregnancy). I have been re-doing just about everything around my house.

Take for instance these crummy old stools - picture them with brown legs and those black seats...then forward three years to last October 2012 and I decided to paint the stool legs yellow...and not to well at that...

 
made some damask seat covers - this was my first time trying to use elastic plus trying to get the exact measurements to go completely around the seat and as you can tell - it didn't quite make it.

 
The first stool was NOT easy - so on the next stool I decided to staple the fabric down around the bottom of the stool  - yeah didn't like that look either. So instead of getting NEW stools I decided to give it one more chance and  decided to paint the stool legs RED...I know silly but I LOVE red...


 
This time I decided red was the color I wanted to use = so I bought some spray paint and painted the stool legs a candy apple red gloss and I love them. Since I didn't want to try again with that elastic I decided to use some fun oil cloth - which serves 2 purposes: first of all its too cute second it WIPES clean no more stains that don't come off or crayon marks - LOVE oil cloth...now I wont take an up close shot because while this is cool stuff it doesn't exactly gather well like fabric so lets just at how pretty they look from afar...
 
 
I am really loving these...
 
I am linking this project up at the following parties:
 
 
 
 
happy crafting
xo
tina
 
 
 

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Fantastic makeover!!! I love your color choices - definitely an improvement!!

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

Wow! What a transformation!! You did a great job. Thanks so much for linking up to Give Me The Goods Monday. Hope to see you again tomorrow ;)
Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com