Wednesday, August 29, 2012

feeling Patriotic

Truth be told I am not much for politics. Don't like to talk about it or hear about it mostly because I don't really get it all -
I don't even get involved with all the hype before or during but
4 years ago I did watch the final count and the INAUGURATION - I had my fingers crossed on who I wanted to win and was seriously happy with the winner.
I made a piece of art to reflect my JOY {4 years ago} and thought I would share it
since, I am again, crossing my fingers... 

do you see it?

here maybe this is clearer
in her hands she is holding the definition of PRIDE...

I even dated it ---and added small words to reflect the feeling of this
piece - see there - AMERICAN


I used buttons, paint, ink, crayon and charcoal pencil to make this piece.
I love the muted colors and the whole juxtaposition its a mixed media collage of
something political - my small insignificant contribution.

I am listing this up in my ETSY shop
www.embellishments.etsy.com if anyone is interested...

anyway I want to share this so I am linking this up to the following parties:

whatever you want wednesdays

happy crafting

3 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Great art piece! I think you & I are too much alike LOL! I don't do politics much either and my husband is always watching that junk...drives me nuts. I avoid the topic of conversation at all costs.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is adorable Tina!! Love your details and design here!! :)

tamdoll said...

Beautiful piece! I clicked to your shop but couldn't find it - did someone buy it?